If there is one thing that my lovely readers have gleaned from this blog, it is that there is little to no time to do all of the things you want to do. One of the things I should be doing as a blogger is regularly responding to people’s comments and giving credit where credit is due.
You all know that I’m pretty much a failure at both of those things.
Back in November, I received the same blogging award from two different people: Sarah Jane (http://sarahjanelives.com) and Will the Writer (http://allmeanssomething.wordpress.com). They graciously awarded me the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award.” And for a month, I said nothing.
So now, in one of my many attempts at catching up to what’s going on in my life (I so rarely know these days) I will follow the standard Blog Award procedure. I know it’s belated. I’m sorry. School dementors were sucking my soul out of me for about three months, and there wasn’t quite enough chocolate to go around.
The ritual after receiving a blogging award runs as follows:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
An equally long time ago, Will the Writer also nominated me for the R.E.A.L.I.T.Y. blog award. The requirements after receiving this award are to nominate eight other bloggers and list five things about yourself.
Now perhaps you can see why I haven’t done this yet. It takes a bit of time. That, and whenever someone asks me to tell them about myself, my brain freezes and suddenly all past experience fades into the ether inside my cerebral cortex. In short, all I can remember about me is—nothing.
My eight nominees for both the R.E.A.L.I.T.Y and Very Inspirational Blogger Awards are:
- The Laughing Housewife. For general hilarity.
- Pouring My Art Out. For randomness.
- The Smaller Half. For brilliance.
- Verasoreb. For awesomeness.
- Sky Blue with Daisies. For happiness.
- In the Chrysalis. For loving-kindness.
- Solar Powered Kate. For creativity.
- Dominique Zuniga. For thoughtfulness.
And seven things about me—I won’t do twelve, since that seems excessive:
- I prefer coffee to tea. But I will gladly drink any kind of tea I’m offered.
- I play the violin. Not nearly as proficiently as I used to, but I do play the violin.
- I speak German. Not fluently, but well enough to make myself understood.
- My favorite season is autumn.
- I desperately want to learn how to tango. Or waltz. Or both.
- My typical response to the question “How are you?” is “Vertical, thanks for asking.”
- Elizabeth Bennett and I would have been best friends, had I had the incredible good fortune to have been born in the 1800’s. And if Elizabeth Bennett had actually lived.
There. I think I have fulfilled my responsibilities to the blogging world quite thoroughly. Also, I have replied to most if not all of my readers’ thoughtful comments since September that I had neglected. Thank you all for your support and faithful readership. Tomorrow we will return to our usual risible programming.