Six weeks, and the semester is over.
I sat down tonight and wrote out all of my assignments until the end of the semester. Every last one. In addition to the smaller assignments, I still need to:
- Write a paper for the class on literary theory.
- Write a translation paper for the class on the history of the English language.
- Revise the Shakespeare paper.
- Give a presentation on the Great Vowel Shift.
- Give a presentation about a literary theorist not covered in class.
- Write a bibliography project for the Shakespeare class.
- Write a short reading response to Titus Andronicus.
- Write one more reading response about a literary theorist.
- Read four more of Shakespeare’s plays.
- Read a dozen more literary theorists.
- Take four more tests, not counting final exams.
- Take three final exams.
- Finish organizing a wedding. Our wedding.
- Not die.
- Stay focused.
I felt so overwhelmed, I had to go scrub the bathroom. Then sit at my desk and pretend I was being productive while I was, in fact, panicking.
Six long weeks.